STUNNING MINIATURE SCULPTURES BY JOE FIGE
Joe Fig is an artist born and raised in Long Island, New York. Fig’s work has been exhibited extensively throughout the United States and Europe. Joe Fig’s naturalism and attention to detail are astounding, his sculptures (Table Sculptures / Artist at work), paintings and photographs have garnered critical acclaim and can be found in numerous museums and private collections. In his new book, ‘Inside the Painter’s Studio’, artist Joe Fig documents the day-to-day lives of 24 contemporary artists with photos of their studios, notes on their work habits, and interviews about where and how they make art.
If you like to paint, check out iridescent mediums, they make the paint shimmery and it looks super cool, in my humble opinion.
Blick is the best and they sell stuff for rather cheap, you can request a free catalog here: http://www.dickblick.com/requests/bigbook/
I really love this art blog, it one of the first blogs I followed!
I am an advocate for the arts, and an artist myself.
I believe firmly in helping out any and every artist when I can. I have decided to buy art supplies for you.
I’m not popular, but I hope that this reaches some people.
Starting January 2013, I’m doing a monthly art giveaway.
Here’s how it works:
- 1 person every month will be selected to send me a link of art supplies they want.
- I will purchase the item (or select one if it’s a list, unless they’re inexpensive, then I can send more than one) and have it shipped to you.
- Winners will be selected within the first week of every month.
I make money, but I’m not by any means rich. I get paid on the 5th and 20th of each month, and I’m a waitress, so I make tips as well. I will be using the paycheck from the 20th, and the purchases will be made between the 21st and the last day of the month.
I will tag the winner in a post when they are selected and again when the purchase is complete (I will have a screen-cap of the finalized purchase page that shows the address).
Rules and Restrictions:
- You need to be following this art blog, and reblog this post.
- The price cap is $50. This means that the farther you are, the less your supplies need to cost in order to cover tax and shipping. Please have that figured out before hand.
- You need to have your ask box open.
- All winners must reply within 3 days, or I will choose someone else.
- Each winner will have until the 20th of that month to decide what they want and must message me. If the winner has not decided, I won’t have time to pick another.
- Please to post something on your blog if you win.
- If you’d like to say “thank you”, I’d appreciate a picture of the supplies when they arrive, or create something with your new stuff. Tag them with “artvibes”. It also helps people see that this is a legitimate offer.
You only need to reblog this once, add tags if you’d like. Spread the word.
You will stay on the list until you win or I stop the giveaway.
There are no guarantees that I will be able to do this each month, I will announce when I am unable to do so.
However, there are months when I make more money and might be able to have 2 winners. The 2nd winner on special months will be whoever is on top of the list, so the longer this goes on, the higher your chances of winning (early on especially).
If you win and I have a financial emergency, you will be the guaranteed winner of the following month, and I will use tip money to send it earlier than the last week of the month.
Blogs used exclusively for giveaways will not count.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the time anything takes to arrive, or if something gets lost in the mail.
I have no idea how long I can keep this up, I’m hoping to at least finish out 2013, I hope you’ll forgive me if I lose my job and can’t afford to anymore.
January’s winner was flambit!
Stay tuned for February!
So, I decided to do a drawing with old “vintage” cameras. This is just the first one…I want to try to fit two more on the page. But anyways, I should probably stop wasting time because I have so many other things to do…